Good News Update (02/16/2013)Posted: 02/16/2013
I was just disconnected from the pump and I’m feeling fairly well so far. I’m very happy with how fast the rash is subsiding. As I reported on Thursday, the doctor withheld the Erbitux for Treatment 2. And he prescribed an additional antibiotic. Thanks to my wife (Dr. Connie) who is making sure I wash, use lotion, take pills on time! Surely it is her dilligence that has resulted in a very quick improvement (see comparative pictures).
I’m managing through the other side effects from this treatment as well (mostly fatigue and some sleeping pattern challenges).
And I have to let you all know. My beautiful wife gave me a kiss everday thoughout this terrible rash. I told her that she is kissing a frog that hopes to become a prince for her once again. And I did buy her some beautiful roses yesterday as a little post-valentines day surprise too. I Love you Connie!
I managed to make it to both the 9am and Noon game today. Marshall won them both and is now 2-0 in the tournament and undefeated for the season overall. Hopefully after a short nap I’ll be up for the 4pm game as well. The 4pm game is a regular season game. The tournament games begin again on Sunday. And I need to save some energy for tomorrow’s 11:15am service followed by a 1pm and 3pm basketball games. I should be good to go as my part will be sitting and watching, and avoiding too much cheering. 🙂
I thought I would also include in this update a little thinking I’ve been doing… Friday morning I found myself wide awake at 1:30am. Something I’ll do if I can’t sleep is read random bible verses. Anyway I flipped to a couple of passages both raising questions about Faith, Hope, and Love. I thought I would share these verses with you and raise a couple of questions to reflect on.
So the two verses I mentioned above are:
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified self with its passions and its desires. If we live by the Spirit, let’s follow the Spirit. Let’s not become arrogant, make each other angry, or be jealous of each other. (Galatians 5:22-26 CEB)
- Now faith, hope, and love remain—these three things—and the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13 CEB)
The questions to reflect on…
- What is the difference between Faith, Hope, and Love???
- And why is Love the greatest of these???
I’m going to do a little research and reflection on these questions and will include my findings in upcoming posts. And I would LOVE to hear your thoughts/insights on these verses/and questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To be continued…
Meditation to share
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knows them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7
- I put my life in God’s hands.
- I will trust God’s Guidance.
- I leave the outcome to God.